Saturday, September 22, 2007

Affirmations

A new character waltzed into my head today. Not an unusual occurrence but usually they appear as a kind of mist. A bit hazy but as I think about them or more importantly write for them, they become clearer and clearer.

Not this one.

I was calmly minding my own business, driving to work, when she strode in and ask me if I could drive a bit quicker? No haze, no confusion. Just *pop*

I'm not sure what to do with her. I have a book to finish, I can't write her story, not even a little bit. Time is ticking and I have procrastinated enough. 38 days left until my self imposed deadline. 38 days until the beginning of NaNoWriMo.

So far she has agreed to wait until November but I have to tell her story then... if I'm not sure I want to start now?
I tell ya she is convincing but I must be strong.
I will not plot.
I will not fill out a character sheet.
I will not talk to her....too much.

Must finish a book before starting a new one. I will not treat my writing the same as I do my knitting projects. (500 started but nothing finished)

Write write write.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background