Thursday, May 15, 2008

Writing every day!

This is a habit that I keep hearing that I must get into, if I am really serious about becoming a professional writer.

I try.

I really do.

But damn, it's really hard. Does it count that the days I don't get any words done I am still thinking about it? Not a single day...not a moment goes by where some part of my thoughts is on at least one of my stories. I just don't get the time to write it down. I have a notebook that I scribble my thought on so I don't loose them. (learned that the hard way one too many times)

Between my full time job, being a mum to two, a wife and housekeeping...well there is only so many hours in the day. (To be honest writing comes before housekeeping) LOL Does that make me less committed?

I don't think so. It may take me a bit longer to reach my goal, but then I will have other experiences to draw on.

Not that I am going to use that as an excuse for the next 5 years. But if I don't get any writing done for a few days in a row because I am dealing with life, then I am not going to beat myself up over it anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background