Wednesday, July 23, 2008

TSTL

I am up to my eyeballs in edits, wading though literally years of work. Fixing parts that, when they were first written, I had no clue about dialogue tags, POV...etc Okay to date I have them figured out, well at least I understand what I am looking for. My biggest challenge currently is THAN vs THEN…Oh hell I have no clue and they are scattered throughout my entire work.


Then (than?) today I suddenly realized that I am going to have to axe out a large scene. One of my favourites. It wrote up so well, has so much going on in it. Nothing better then a good chase scene.

What is the problem you might ask?

It makes my heroine look TSTL!! (too stupid to live) She deserves to get her ass beaten if she is dumb enough to do what she did. I'm racking my brain trying to think of a way to keep it in. It's not like the hero's swoop in and save her, she gets herself out of it. But still dumb dumb dumb, What were you thinking when you left? You were safe where you were.

It might have to go.

Dammit, there has to be a way around this.

The results to the S.O.M. are in a week, I've chewed most of my nails off. First, second, third or Honourable Mention, I am going to submit this come August.

If, I can figure my way out of the corner I have written myself into.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background